Are you passionate about Engineering? Looking for a new challenge? Do you have 4 years previous experience in Engineering and an Advanced Apprenticeship ?
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Engineering across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Maintenance Engineer to join our Engineering department based at our Telford site. You will be required to work on a 4O4O shift pattern, between the hours of 06:00-18:30/18:30-06:00
Purpose of the role:
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will:
Optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance, efficient breakdown response in specific area of the factory whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment and promoting good engineering practice.
Your key responsibilities as Maintenance Engineer will include:
What we are looking for:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one area of the factory or lower tier of Multi-Skilled Engineer framework.
- Ensure that Engineering maintenance carried out in line with scheduled plans and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
- Quick and effective response to breakdowns in more than one area onsite, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
- Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Engineering Shift Manager /Principal Engineer and work with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
- Follow good engineering standards and good hygiene practice for the department.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety guidelines, highlighting possible areas of improvement to the Engineering Shift Manager / Principal Engineer.
- Mentor to Level 1/2 Maintenance Engineers as well as Apprentices.
- Timely reporting of any Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Issues
- Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimise downtime by following a good engineering practice.
- Demonstrate basic problem solving techniques to identify root cause of issues.
- Raise Stock and Non-Stock request forms.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- 4+ years of engineering experience;
- Electrical or Welding /fabrication experience
- Familiarity with process machinery or equivalent equipment and have the ability to fault find.
- Mechanical fitting skills
- Ability to mentor a Level 1/2 Maintenance Engineers and Apprentices
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- For internal candidates (must have score of 7 on Level 2 to Level 3 Competency matrix)
A little about us:
- HNC/Higher Level Apprenticeship or above
- Food manufacture experience
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition
- Instrumentation and process control experience
- PLC experience
- Air and pneumatics trained
- Refrigeration experience
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
What’s in it for you?
As a Maintenance Engineer you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as continuous development as you build your career with us. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- 31 Days Holiday
- 6% Pension
- Life Insurance
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.