We’re seeking a proactive and methodical Project Engineer to support the implementation of our
Engineering capital projects, aligned to our site development, refurbishment and equipment
replacement plans, ensuring all aspects are delivered safely and compliantly, minimise downtime
and come in on time, in budget and to the required quality standards. Assigned your own projects
(Utility, Facilities and Plant activities), you’ll work closely with the Project Engineering Team to fulfil
the project lifecycle – interpreting project specifications, liaising with contractors to develop
solutions, reading technical drawings to prepare costed proposals, following project plans and
working with our Quality and Operation teams to validate project outcomes for sign-off. Taking
responsibility for your projects’ Contractors, you’ll arrange appropriate work permit documents ,
ensure clear site briefings are delivered and arrange regular project reviews to ensure agreed
standards are met (e.g. ISPE, GxP). Keeping safety central, you’ll review Risk Assessments and
Method Statements prior to work commencing and complete regular safety audits. To ensure the
smooth running of your projects, you’ll coordinate with relevant departments to ensure all
arrangements are in place (e.g. line close downs, relevant documentation, training plans), attend
multi-functional meetings as the department representative, provide regular progress reports to key
stakeholders and adhere to all required Procurement and Finance processes.
- Experience in a previous Engineering role – as an experienced Project Engineer, or have an
electrical/ mechanical/ multi-skilled Engineering background with interest in this area.
- Practical understanding of Facilities, Utilities, Electrical or Mechanical systems work, with the
ability to understand relevant technical specifications and drawings.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. food, pharma,
chemical) with knowledge of GxP principles / impacts would be beneficial.
- Good project management or organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple
priorities to meet deadlines, even in a fast-paced and changeable work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken English), able to liaise with stakeholders of
all levels, navigate cultural difference and write and present concise reports.
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Office; experience of MS Project, AutoCAD and other
project management tools would be useful.
- Works in a proactive and methodical manner with a good eye for detail – knows the right
questions to ask to gain clarity in sometimes unclear situations.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours occasionally to support projects.
- Recognised Engineering qualification, HNC level or above.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards package (including holiday, bonus and pension
schemes). Not to mention the opportunity to make a genuine difference in a progressive and
expanding business, at an exciting time of growing UK and international reach. This role represents
an opportunity for ongoing development and progression as the company continues to expand.
How to Apply:
If you possess the experience, passion and ability to make this role a success, we would love to hear
from you. Please send your CV with cover letter to us by 4th June, using the button below.