Are you thinking of starting a career in Civil Engineering but don't want to go to University? Then a Degree
apprenticeship with an award-winning professional services firm will you give you the opportunity to work with
experienced professionals whilst earning a salary and gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
We have exciting opportunities within our Infrastructure & Built Environment division. Based in our Belfast office you will gain extensive training from our experienced engineers and we'll support you in completing a Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship. This hands-on experience is typically complemented by one day per week at University where you will be studying for a Level 6 qualification (degree) in Civil Engineering.
As a Civil Engineering Degree Apprentice your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking design of Civil Engineering elements;
- Assisting in the design of various Infrastructure projects
- Providing technical assistance to the members of the Civil Engineering team
- Assisting the Civil Engineering team to ensure project delivery within agreed timescales
- Work under the supervision of the Project Civil Engineer(s) and the Design team leader
- Assisting in design reviews and verification checks, as required
You'll develop your general understanding of civil engineering, focusing on key core subject areas: geotechnics,
materials, and structures. You'll develop your knowledge and skills in building technology; computer-aided design; health
and safety; the environment; hydraulics; ground engineering; and structural engineering.
What you'll need
- Three A levels at Grades A-C including Mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent
- Level 3 qualifications, including A levels, NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National.
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 25 days annual leave + bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Flexible Working Options
- Chartership Bonus
- Educational Sponsorship
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local office Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible benefits including gym membership, retail discounts etc.
- Three days paid leave to participate in volunteering activities
- Two 'Make a difference' days
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.