About The Role
This role will be challenging while very rewarding, providing much opportunity for the candidate to expand his/her experience and knowledge base. You will be working in a fast paced, ever moving organisation that is always keen to adopt and utilise new functionality and technology.
The successful candidate will find themselves in a position that carries a large degree of responsibility and reliance from the business while being involved in a variety of projects that span from internal DBA practices to business orientated project work alongside skilled web and application developers.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Planned Project Related Work
- Database development for schema creation and validation
- SSIS creation
- SQL Server Agent job creation
- Stored Procedure creation
- Stored Procedure performance optimisation
- Data Extracts
- Planned (IT Specific) Project Related Work
- SQL Server Migrations
- SQL Server instance installations and setup
- SQL Server Service Pack installations
- Replication setup/changes
- High Availability Setup (Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping)
- Daily and Unplanned Work
- Helpdesk Requests
- SQL Server related issues (Replication, Poorly performing queries, Application timeouts)
- SQL daily checks
- SQL Permissions
A Few Things About You
We are looking for a highly focused and enthusiastic DBA team member who sees their future career as becoming a strong and very experienced SQL Server Database Administrator.
The candidate should already be a confident and proven MS SQL DBA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a SQL Server environment, either solely or as part of a team.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.