ENGINEERING VACANCY – SHIFT ENGINEER
Speedibake is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.6 billion and 137,000 employees in 50 countries
Speedibake is a high volume, lowest cost producer which has bakery sites in Wakefield and Bradford specialising in own-label baked goods. Speedibake holds market leading positions in UK Retail ISB in its core product areas of Muffins, Doughnuts and Garlic Bread. Also supplying a customer base of foodservice wholesalers, contract catering, end users and export.
A key challenge is to ensure the business develops a more sustainable cost model through a relentless focus on reducing costs and driving continuous improvements. Over the last 3 years we have invested over £20m in new, more efficient muffin and doughnut lines. As the complexity of automation used in factories has increased, there are challenges to maintain skills to ensure equipment works at optimum levels. Highly skilled engineers are required to maximise the benefits of new technology and introduce innovation.
Therefore, having people with the right skills is key to the success of our business and to ensure this we are, looking to recruit…….
Bradford or Wakefield
Full Time, Permanent
A competitive salary and benefits package; Matched pension contribution scheme; UK BUPA Healthcare scheme; 23 Days Holiday; Investment in training and development.
About the role:
Speedibake are seeking to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking Engineer to join our Bradford engineering team, working on a flexible shift pattern. The successful candidate will be responsible for operational support, Incident response, delivering maintenance activities and driving lean and cross functional integration. Supported by specialist skills development.
- Install, test and maintain all plant within the site.
- Control and assist contractors as required.
- Carry out PPM’s to a high standard, support and assist the latest CMMS integration.
- Liaise with all departments to provide pro-active, timely, effective support.
- Comply with H&S, Food Safety and HACCP procedures.
- Identify and deliver cross functional continuous improvement.
- Represent the engineering department in meetings, reviews, etc. as required.
- Develop and pass on specialist and key skills.
- Develop and deliver a 100-year fix approach to commissioning standard for repairs.
- A visible presence, working closely with colleagues of all departments.
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline, Level 3 or above required.
- Previous experience working within FMCG - Food, Bakery advantageous.
- Proficient in computer systems - Word, Excel and PowerPoint - CMMS advantageous.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work effectively, safely and efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to prioritise, achieve deadlines and targets.
- Strong proactive problem-solving skills.
Wakefield and Bradford
Job start date:
Speedibake - Wakefield Engineers
Hours per week: