telent- Field Engineer
Permanent, East London
Have you maintained and repaired telecoms kit before and are now looking for the next step in your career? We're looking for a hard-working and ambitious candidate to support our Maintenance team in the London area. Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including Transport for London, Network Rail and many Train Operating Companies providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
- Playing a vital role in the smooth running of the railway customer experience you'll be responsible for the test and repair of CCTV cameras, Customer Information Screens, Public Address systems and Help Points.
- You'll be supporting the Service Centre fixing faults out of site as tickets come through.
- You'll be given the tools to succeed in the role and training will be provided where needed
- The role is permanent night shifts working Sunday-Thursday nights 22.00-06.00hrs
What do we need from you?
- A basic knowledge of installation and maintenance of a telecommunications system (CCTV/telephony)
- Previous experience working within the rail environment would be desirable but other work streams will be considered
- A positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
Location and why telent?
- The role is based out of Canning Town however the sites you'll attend stretch across London
- telent is not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, telent rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.