IESA are experiencing incredible growth, and as a result we are looking for a Reliability and Maintenance Engineer.
The successful candidate will be working directly within the client organisation to deliver pre-planned and reactive maintenance and reliability projects. You will establish effective working relationships with your client engineering stakeholders and IESA supply partners and be comfortable in presenting your work at a high level within these organisations.
Your duties will involve:
- To identify, develop and deliver reliability and maintenance projects within the client organisation
- To work closely with the technical benefit manager to align on technical savings projects
- To work closely with the relevant client maintenance teams and key site user groups to understand engineering challenges and recognise improvement opportunities
- To drive the implementation of maintenance projects in accordance with clients PPM schedule
- To understand client’s legacy and obsolete equipment and propose work to improve reliability and reduce unplanned maintenance
- To attend regular review meetings with the client to present project progress
- To accurately record and maintain a log of reliability and maintenance projects
- Contribute to improving existing Project Management Processes.
- Work within TBM team to continually improve best practices
- To undertake and/or contribute towards other or additional duties in line with Client contractual terms and conditions
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the job role
- Preferred minimum of 10 years’ experience within a large manufacturing organisation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a reliability and or maintenance engineer within that organisation
- Proven track record of delivering projects from cradle to grave
- Would preferably have interfaced with clients in the delivery of a service
- To have demonstrable knowledge of the manufacturing process within a large manufacturing organisation
- To have effectively managed own workload to deliver against targets to time
- Experience of continuous improvement
- Ability to understand technical drawings and 3-D CAD
Hours of work:
- Proficient planning and organizational skills with a methodical and logical approach
- Strong verbal communication, effective speaking and presentation skills
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills through sound intuition and reasoning
- Project management and strategic planning skills with a proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills
- Exceptional customer service skills together with a positive manner
- Excellent written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills with proficient use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Be a process orientated person and be able to demonstrate experience of one of the Industry standard Project Management Methodologies.
- Must be a Team Player while also being able to work as an individual
- Must have demonstrable commercial awareness related to projects and process
- Ability to discuss commercial and technical items with suppliers, customers and internal personnel in positions from Operators through to Senior Management and Directors in all areas.
- Be able to develop their own strategy to achieve contractual targets.
Monday to Friay - 40 hours per week