Principal Test Development Engineer (12 month contract) x 3
Summary of Role
The Principal Test Development Engineer will be responsible for the design, manufacture, verification and validation along with through life technical support of board level, sub-system and system level test equipment for military products within Raytheon UK. The ideal candidate will have in-depth hardware and applicable test related software design engineering experience and be capable of supplying engineering leadership and technical guidance within the test group to ensure robust and timely delivery of test equipment to support production manufacturing needs.
- To design, build and commission custom functional test equipment to support Raytheon UK’s production manufacturing facility
- Contribute and lead technically within the engineering team developing Raytheon UK test equipment to meet the specified test requirements within scope, cost, and schedule
- Prepare and contribute to bids for power conversion products
- Provide technical guidance and direction to test equipment design teams as necessary
- To provide support to engineering management and customers in all aspects of test equipment design and manufacture
- Prepare design evidence and present design review data to engineering management and customers
- To use and develop tools and techniques to improve test equipment design processes
- Develop product test specifications in conjunction with customers
- Utilise Raytheon Six Sigma process improvement principles
- Execute development activities in accordance with Raytheon UK’s Integrated Product Development processes
Experience in some or all of the following
Raytheon Career Development:
- Degree or equivalent in a scientific, engineering or other relevant subject
- Experience in the hardware design of test equipment such as:-
- Actuator systems
- GPS systems
- Switched Mode PSUs from W to kW
- High speed serial and parallel communication interfaces
- RF test development
- FPGA, DSP
- Precision Analogue A/D & D/A convertors
- Small signal analogue measurement techniques
- Experience in software design of test equipment using languages / tools, such as:-
- Test Stand
- LabView CVI
- Use of PLCS and PIC Micro-controllers
- Experienced in Design Engineering and full product lifecycles
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD Secret (SC) level security clearance
- Experience within a project management environment - exposure to or an understanding of Earned Value reporting techniques would be of benefit
- Strong knowledge of electronics design and manufacturing processes over a wide range of technologies and production platforms
- Ability to process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels
- Ability to be a team player who is willing to take ownership of problems and participate fully in team activities
- Ability to contribute to specific improvements in the Development of Production Programs’ effectiveness, efficiency and optimisation
- Ability to understand and promote the use of Equipment / Machine SPC to identify potential issues and prevent them
- Understanding of the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Proven technical presentation skills
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Diversity:
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process:
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 163377BR.