Our Studios Quality team in Xbox Game Studios is looking for Quality Analysts who want to make a big impact on the quality of our next generation games like Halo, Forza, Gears, and Minecraft among many others. As a Quality Analyst you’ll work directly with producers, developers, designers, content creators and others to create incredible entertainment experiences.
As part of the Studios Quality team you will own the end to end quality of a feature or set of features on one of our many titles. This means you’ll need to build a strategy that ensures we’ve covered the feature thoroughly, and we’re confident that it’s ready to be played. To tell our quality story you will leverage cutting edge technologies, custom tools, data and telemetry, betas and customer input, and hands on team exploration.
You will participate in all aspects of the development cycle, design reviews, build evaluations, identifying, reporting and triaging defects, and assist in finding their root causes.
As the voice of quality, you'll need to effectively communicate our test coverage and feature health across disciplines, divisions, management layers, and with our partners.
The successful candidate must have:
Stronger candidates will have:
- Proven hands-on software development/testing experience
- Strong testing aptitude, instincts, and ability to evaluate quality across a broad spectrum of features
- Passion for the entertainment and the gaming industry
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Desire to improve self and team beyond present
- Ability to successfully communicate using data
- B.S. in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with telemetry and data visualization
- Experience with a complete software development and release cycle
- Experience developing or leveraging technology to enhance the testing process
- Experience designing, developing and adapting technologies and processes to enhance testing capabilities
- Experience using test data, telemetry, and analytics to identify defects
- Demonstrated use of technical knowledge of feature-area design to identify and prevent bugs.
- Experience with game development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.