Application Programming Interface (API) Developer
As a Barclays Application Programming Interface (API) Developer, you will join us at an exciting time of growth in our Functions Transformation Team. You will be responsible for designing and/ or reviewing of all change activities undertaken by Procurement for the specific area in question, including both small change and larger projects. The role will be the ideal challenge for an experienced Developer with a solid understanding of Agile and application design.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Undertaking a key role in determining the best solution to meet the business requirements
- Acting as a key point of contact to the Procurement and CRES Stakeholders for the subject areas in question
- Working cohesively with a wide range of business and technical teams to ensure that solutions are planned, managed and delivered in a controlled and structured manner
- Building and maintaining a global network of relationships across Global IT infrastructure partners, Design Authorities and Technical specialists
- Supporting the Procurement Management Team acting as the point of contact for queries relating to their area of expertise
- Communicating and summarising complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
- Enlisting others in working towards the organisation goals; taking prompt and effective action to rectify problems within the team
- Identifying problems, and addressing, by gathering information required in order to make rational decisions to resolve
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in developing modern applications across multiple platforms - mobile, tablet, web and enterprise applications
- Development and use of APIs plus associated data modelling to build reusable, maintainable APIs aligning to our data strategy
- Experience in Agile development methods
- Use of tools such as Eclipse, Mulesoft, Java / .Net (or any other equivalent). Development experience on ABAP would be a bonus
- Working with regulatory milestones
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Risk and Issue management techniques and experience
- Managing workload with geographically dispersed teams
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.