We currently have opportunities for a Senior Civil Engineer with water/wastewater engineering experience to join our Utilities team, based in our Cork Office. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Working on projects throughout Ireland, your responsibilities may include:
- Undertaking project tasks and engineering design on water and wastewater projects at various stages in the project life cycles, while ensuring technical excellence and best practice to specification.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects within agreed timeframes and budgets and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Ensuring project financial and schedule performance.
- Driving health and safety in all aspects of our projects.
- Supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on engineering issues.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, contracting engineers, subcontractors, sub-consultants and clients.
- Supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals.
- Providing guidance and support to less experienced graduate engineers or technicians.
- Minimum of an accredited Honours Civil Engineering Degree (NFQ Level 8).
- Experience in the utilities (water, wastewater) engineering industry.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members.
- Excellent communication skills, including written work.
- Chartered engineer or near Chartered engineer
- Experience in the design of water or wastewater schemes; clean water and sewage transfer systems, pumping systems and treatment facilities.
- Working knowledge of contract types and procurement options.
- Experience with construction management and/or the site supervision of a contractor during construction.