The Information Service Group is seeking a Technical Specialist(Technical Manager) to build and manage Reference data (Securities and Corporate Actions Data) data processing teams.
The Tech lead will build and manage ETL developers and analysts located in EMEA(Belfast) and APAC(India) and will be overseeing the deliverable's, provide architectural guidance, enforce best Citi practices, conduct code reviews, build support processes, and serve as escalation point during production outages.
Interaction will be required with global development team comprising of Business Analysts and also work with vendor teams to coordinate and manage deliverable's.
Significant Experience in designing and delivering ETL solutions on Reference Data Team focused on expanding and maintaining firm centralized reference data platform used by Capital Markets division of ICG.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a team working for one of the world's largest financial institutions in support of Information Services Group systems (ISG).
Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to extend their current role and responsibility into Strategic Reference Data initiative
Candidate will also get the chance to work with Global tech leads in other project initiative
The candidate will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Requires excellent Interpersonal skills to interact with Business and project management stakeholders globally
Ability to think Out of the box for any given business requirement
Act as a change agent to drive innovation
Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
Experience working on Reference Data platforms
Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to extend their current role and responsibility into Strategic Reference Data initiatives
- Candidate will also get the chance to work with Global tech leads in other project initiative
- The candidate will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
- The candidate will be responsible for building and managing team of senior and junior ETL developers.
- Work directly with global application development teams, Operations teams/partners to successfully integrate.
- Will work with team and manage deliverable's, provide architectural guidance, enforce best Citi practices, conduct code reviews, build support processes, and serve as escalation point during production outages.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and their possible adoption within ISG
- Work on streamlining processes and work closely with other team members, onsite and remote to ensure consistent approach to development/process is used within the application.
- Work with vendor teams to Coordinate and manage key projects.s.
- Knowledge and experience of managing reference data sytems.
- Knowledge of Securities,Events and Pricing data.
- Proven proficiency in dealing with complex technical issues across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Strong command of ETL architecture and Tools (Abinitio and Talend), and working with relational databases
- Experience of working in a demanding and results driven, time critical environment
- All potential candidates must be able to work in a dynamic team environment which includes working and managing teams on different technologies (such as Java, Web Services and C#/.NET) and across multiple regions
Skills that are a plus:
- Ab Initio GDE and Co>Op (Continuous, Batch, Plans)
- Talend Data Integration Suite
- UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
- Oracle concepts, SQL, PL/SQL
- SQL performance tuning
- Data modeling
- Knowledge of advance AbInitio components
- Tibco EMS and other message oriented middleware
- Web Services
- Java SE
- Prior industry experience with Reference Data
- Java EE: Servlets, JSP and EJB
- Cobol copybook
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting