Lead on the design, development, installation, testing and maintenance of the Company’s software
systems to meet identified user requirements and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the
1. Direct and coach junior software developers to ensure they are appropriately motivated and
trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
2. Provide technical leadership in the design and development of software that meets the
Company’s requirements and improves the efficiency of working processes.
3. Analyse user requirements and identify programming solutions using a range of tools to
ensure the right systems are in place.
4. Ensure systems are tested and necessary modifications are made to ensure they operate
5. Develop and implement all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that software is of
the required standard.
6. Assist in the identification and development of new software applications to ensure the
Company’s systems remain current.
7. Act as one of the in-house experts on all software issues and provide advice and training to
company management and team members as required.
8. Develop a research and development programme to review all new and potential software
9. Maintain an awareness of developments in relation to software to enable the Company to
maintain its competitive position.
10. Take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities whenever
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing,
especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Attention to detail
Thoroughness in completing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organises time and resources efficiently.
Spends his/her and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and
puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal;
eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload
appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organised manner; maintains two-way dialogue
with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own
interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is
seen as a team player and is co-operative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages
collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets
first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with
customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their
trust and respect.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered
mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not
knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a
settling influence in a crisis.
Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will
improve or enhance products and services, or avoid problems; plans ahead for upcoming problems
or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation;
builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact;
can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Knowledge, skills, experience and characteristics
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable experience of complex software design
- Evidence of expert programming skills
- Thorough knowledge, experience and evidence of software development and programming
languages including C#, VB .Net, WPF, Win Forms, and WCF/REST principles.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and face to face
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of VB and VBA
- Knowledge of ASP.NET, MVC
- Previous experience of an in house role
- Knowledge and experience of IIS/Web Server management.
- Knowledge and experience of documenting web services/APIs for end users and technical
- Knowledge and experience of unit testing experience.
- Working knowledge of Android/iOS platforms and development techniques and
- Knowledge of cross-platform mobile application frameworks such as ionic and Xamarin
IT Team, all internal departments
December 2019 Created By: IT Manager and HR