Safety is First at Allied Bakeries, so we're looking for someone to lead by example in ensuring that Health and Safety is our number one priority, engaging others to think and behave safely at all times.
The ideal candidate will be a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer who can install, repair, inspect, calibrate and overhaul plant/machinery mechanically and electrically. You will be required to maximise machinery availability and ensure continuous improvements within the plant and facilities in compliance with health and safety, GMP and best-practice guidelines and procedures to ensure right first-time processing of manufactured products.
You will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment on a shift basis, alternating from days to nights, Monday to Friday. You will be expected to carry out proactive and reactive maintenance and repairs to the plant and services associated with a major bakery. Responsibilities also involve improving and maintaining a safe working environment, ensuring that team members are fully aware and comply with all Health & Safety standards, company and legal requirements e.g. COSHH, HACCP.
- To maintain a safe working environment through the use of our Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Clean as You Go (CAYG), Hazard Reporting and Point of Work Risk Assessment procedures;
- To support the manufacturing process and maximise plant availability by responding safely and effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults;
- To ensure that machinery is maintained and repaired to a high standard, giving maximum focus to continuous improvement;
- To fault find in a safe, effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines relevant documentation;
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them; and
- To ensure that the findings of inspections, reporting of faults and the completion of all scheduled work is conducted through our Computerised Maintenance Management System.
We operate in a high pressure, high volume, regulated environment where engineering support is critical to the success of the business. Ideally you will be multi-skilled, but as a minimum skilled and qualified as an electrical engineer.
Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve; it’s all about, Aiming High, Doing What We Say, ensuring Everybody Matters, and Working Together. If you can live with these values, chances are you'll do well here.
As well as a competitive salary and pension arrangements, we offer a great team environment, excellent development opportunities and other fantastic benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations