At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Currently, we are looking for an Instrument Field Engineer, based in the UK, Netherlands (Rotterdam) or Belgium (Gent), who will be a part of the European Field Maintenance organisation which provides maintenance services to all the Industrial Gases production facilities in the UK and Northern Continent regions.
The nature of the position is to supervise and perform troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance, and modification of control and Instrumentation systems and equipment. You will also help plan, prepare and execute major maintenance activities, support construction activities for plant improvement projects and commissioning activities for new plants and additions to existing production plants.
As the Instrument Field Engineer, you will:
As the Instrument Field Engineer, you will have:
- Respond to any major occurrence of plant breakdown, carry out prompt inspection, analyse the fault, repair and re-commission affected plant and equipment to assure the minimum loss of production
- Provide maintenance support to operating facilities, including maintenance technical support, as well on-site routine or major shutdown related maintenance.
- Work closely with shutdown Planners to ensure work is planned, prepared and executed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner
- Supervise contractors and/or Air Products staff and ensure that the work is adequately planned and executed safely at a high level of effectiveness
- Carry out plant modifications according to central design specification, submit self-generated design changes to specialist technical engineers for approval before implementation. For some projects, you will be required to generate scope, determine costs, obtain approval and execute the work scope.
- In association with the Maintenance Systems group, review and update the technical content of the preventive maintenance procedures and recommending changes where improvements in safety, quality or economy may be affected
- Provide training to Air Products, joint venture, and third-party personnel in maintenance practices
What We Offer:
- Proven experience as an Instrument Field Technician/Engineer in an industrial gases environment and displayed technical proficiency in dealing with the broad variety of control and instrumentation systems and equipment found in plants
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work unsupported and make an effective contribution to the department objectives
- Completion of a Formal Instrumentation Apprenticeship, HNC or equivalent
- The ability to read instrumentation drawings, trip panel drawings, logic diagrams and tables, PLC and DCS configuration
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Flexibility to travel across Europe
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth & development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.