As a Barclays Ab Initio Developer, you will support Data and Analytics team efforts in building and implementing a data lake which will promote and facilitate a data-led approach for the identification and disruption of financial crime activities. You will serve as subject matter expert for AbInitio product and align your understanding with overall purpose of the project and contribute in design, development, testing and maintenance on Big Data Platform.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- You will possess excellent Knowledge of Ab Initio stack and its implementation in Big Data Space (Data Lake)
- Being involved in Technical Design and development of ETL/Hadoop components
- Contributing in end to end architecture and process flow
- Understanding the Business requirement and publish reusable designs
- You will be proficient in performance improvement and fine-tuning ETL and Hadoop implementations
- Conducting code reviews across projects; taking responsibility for ensuring that build and code adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies
- You will have solid analytical and problem solving skills as well as experience/exposure to SQL
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Relevant years of hands-on experience with Ab Initio
- Demonstrable experience with relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server and PL/SQL and understanding of data concepts
- Hands on experience with ETL pipelines (Ab Initio) as well as expertise in scripting (Unix, Perl, Python)
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies as well as SDLC life-cycles and processes
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Hadoop technologies (HDFS, HIVE, Impala, Scala, Spark, PIG etc)
- Good analytical skills
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.