A vacancy has arisen within our Earth Moving After Sales department based in Bathgate for a Workshop Engineer. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment brought into the workshop, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Carries out routine pre delivery inspections (PDI) of new machines
- Fits both factory approved and local supplied extras to machines where required
- Modifies machines according to guidelines and specifications
- Performs all forms of repair and servicing to machines
- Contributes to the repair, overhaul and diagnosis of plant equipment
- Develops an effective working relationship with Workshop Engineers and the Workshop Team and can support others where required
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required
- Ensures customer expectations are met by maintaining clear communication with the Workshop Supervisor
- Contribute towards to the success of the apprenticeship programme by supporting and mentoring engineering apprentices.
- Works with the customer in mind, making sure that quality work standards are maintained consistently
- Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines
- Is able to effectively contribute in recognising and improving work processes so as to drive greater efficiency
- Uses initiative and takes appropriate action to ensure good housekeeping standards are followed and maintained in the workshop area
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Wells at: LGB.Careers@liebherr.com.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.
Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd. belongs to the Liebherr Group of Companies and is responsible for sales- and servicing of Liebherr's products throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
35 Inchmuir Road
EH48 2EP Bathgate
United Kingdom (GB)