About The Role
We’re now recruiting for Water Supply Pipe Engineers to join our team of directly employed engineers!
Location - Guildford or GU Postcode
Hours - Average 40 hours per week (Annualised hours)
Salary - between £25,302 - £35,072 depending upon experience.
Signing On Bonus - £3000!
Our response to the COVID-19 Crisis:
- Full PPE & Social distancing measures with customers.
- All our People remain working on full pay; we have not furloughed anyone.
- Remote Assessments not needing to come into the office.
- Fully equipped and stocked, fit for purpose vehicle
- Full uniform and essential tool kit
- All work within a short radius of home address
- Leading edge technology through hand held device
- Pension Scheme
. Share Scheme
Purpose of your Role:
- 240 hours annual leave each year, inc public holidays, increases by 8 hours per year up to 264 max
- Online benefits portal – online shopping, restaurants, cinema discounts etc
- Employee assistance programme/Access to our bespoke e-learning system
- Ensuring that jobs are completed in line with Health and Safety policy and guidelines at all times.
- Undertake all Water Supply jobs as requested, including use of Cable Avoidance Tools, Leak Detection Equipment and Power tools associated with repairs to water supply pipes.
- Ensuring where possible work is completed on the first visit and to the appropriate service standard.
- To explain fully to policyholders what work is required, whether reinstatement is covered and what will happen next, promoting customer to pay work where appropriate.
- Use PDA technology in line with the correct operating procedure and ensure all required paperwork is completed accurately, fully and legibly.
- Undertake all works in accordance with company Health & Safety policy, including wearing the correct PPE at all times and reporting all accidents or 'near misses' to the Service Excellence Coach or Service Excellence Manager.
- Clean away all debris and waste from site. * Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and competency with regard to water supply pipe maintenance.
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as a Water Supply Engineer for HomeServe, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 4 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm and based in Nottingham. This will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be 3 weeks where you ‘buddy’ up with an experienced engineer in your area.
Could you be who we are looking for?
It’s our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
About the Person:
- Must hold a full UK driving license, with 6 or less penalty points.
- Must be able to approach and resolve problems logically
- Can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
- Strong customer focus with the ability to deal with complaints
- Has the ability to deal with customer effectively Ideally WIAPS and CCNSG or NVQ Level 2 - but not essential.
- Experience of working in an FCA Regulated environment
- Experience working as a labourer
You’ll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.