07 August 2020
Torness, GB, EH42 1QU
Torness Power Station
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we have a new opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be based at Torness Power Station. The position is within the Fuel Route Department and would ideally suit an individual who has recently graduated or graduated within the past few years and gained some relevant work experience.
The Fuel Route Department is responsible for managing and handling fuel to facilitate the safe refuelling of the reactors. The department are also continually looking to improve the reliability of plant and apparatus used for these operations.
The successful candidate would be responsible for;
- Understanding initial brief / problem statement, by way of site walk down, investigation and stakeholder engagement,
- Investigation of issues and potential solutions including consulting all relevant standards and documentation for suitability,
- Preparation of specification documentation for tendering, work order packages for internal projects or specifying replacement components for obsolete items,
- Answering tender queries during tender process,
- Reviewing and assessing submitted tenders / designs against all national and company standards including the Nuclear or Radiological Safety Case Claims,
- Reviewing submitted Risk Assessment and Method Statements,
- Onsite supervision of the Contractor and dealing with onsite queries and issues,
- Reviewing works and issuing handover paperwork.
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
- Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants