Barclays are hiring a Unix Engineer working with AWS within BI Business Area.
If this sounds of interest, please read on!
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Work with technical leads and developers to understand application architecture and business logic to create and own deployment strategies
- Co-ordinate and support self-service deployments to the pre-production environments and facilitate deployments from external teams on multi-platform systems.
- Diagnosis and resolution of defects found during SIT, QA and UAT test phases and actively defines continuous improvements enhancements to drive efficiencies and control throughout release and environment lifecycle events.
- Able to clearly communicate plans and status to all levels within the organization
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong Unix Scripting Experience
- Good Knowledge of Cloud services like AWS along with the tools like Terraform, Chef, etc.
- Integration Platform build and maintenance experience
- Automation and build of release pipelines
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and project leads for all different phase of release management.
- Operate risk management controls to ensure compliance and meet operational SLAs.
- Be responsible for the quality of the environments handed over and develop relationships with the testing functions and partners such as GTIS, Engineering & Development and Third party teams who assist in fulfilling release processes.
- Providing inputs into risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.