Location - Central Belt Scotland
Hours - 40 hours per week
Closing Date - 8th of July 2021
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual looking to broaden your mind by joining the Veolia Industrial Boiler Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship Programme?
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to 'Resource the World'. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Electrical or Mechanical Technician Apprentice to join our energy team in Central Scotland.
Modern Engineering Apprenticeship programme is a great way of learning and gaining practical skills at the same time. One day, you'll be learning about the latest technologies and trends, and the next you'll be putting them into action.
Improving communities, protecting the environment and creating an inclusive culture is right at the heart of our business. Together our employees make our communities better and our engineers and technicians are an integral part in helping to shape the digital future for our business. They are the Resourcers, behind the resources. We want you to be part of our diverse workforce!
During this 3-year programme, we will help you to develop your practical skills and knowledge required for you to succeed in this role as well as your future career.
As well as gaining a broad range of technical and professional experience, you’ll also gain academic and vocational qualifications, such as Level 3 BTEC, Level 3 NVQ & IOSH Managing Safely.
What will you be doing?
- Support technicians in the day to day maintenance, operation and repair of industrial boiler systems.
- Support technicians in the annual inspection preparation of industrial boiler pressure systems.
- Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders and customers in line with personal role and responsibilities.
- Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation.
- Attend and pass all courses, assessments and training and commit to developing technical and behavioural skills.
- Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Scottish National 5 Certificates - Maths and English (A - C) / predicted.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise your work.
Please bear in mind that this role will require you to travel across the central belt, therefore you need a driving licence and must be flexible.
In addition to this, you will also need a further three Scottish National 5 Certificates (A - C) predicted, one of which should be science-based, or equivalents.
Please ensure that you complete the required assessments by going to https://maptq.com/
Please log in by using login ID: 2p20gbnq72io
Your application will only be considered once the assessments have been completed!
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive 25 days of holiday and Veolia benefits which includes access to our People’s Pension and a wide selection of employee discounts. Additionally, we provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you.
Please note that if a high number of quality applications are received, this vacancy may close early. To avoid disappointment, please apply with plenty of time before the stated advert closing date.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Did you click on the link in the advert to complete assessme: 1 year (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? (Required)
- Full UK Driving License (Required)