QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
About the role:
We are looking for enthusiastic marine professionals to help us deliver our growing portfolio of work. High-calibre, experienced candidates with a proven track record of naval architecture or marine engineering technical leadership in the commercial or defence sectors should apply.
Currently, we are seeking positive and dynamic individuals with demonstrable experience in one or more of the subject areas listed below to strengthen our existing team:
o Specification, conduct and analysis of hydrodynamic model experiments
o Specification, design, general arrangement, construction and introduction into service
o Stability, powering, maneuvering and structural assessment
o Marine engineering activities, ranging from traditional design and analysis of propulsion chain (including main machinery) to conducting outline design of main marine fluid systems (e.g. fuel supply, lube oil, seawater systems, cooling systems etc), electrical systems and HVAC.
o Specification, design, manufacture, testing and introduction to service of propulsion chain including propeller design in commercial or defence, surface or sub-surface vessels
o Delivery of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for marine vessels and appendages
o MatLab/LabView experience focused on data analysis or programming
o Control Systems / control theory – ideally in free running models and actuation or automation
o Competent in Paramarine™, MAXSURF, AutoCAD and Rhinoceros
o Commercial/consultancy experience
o Bidding/Pricing task experience in marine consultancy
- People holding/ability to hold Developed Vetting (DV) clearance is of specific interest
What will I be doing?:
- Working to time, cost and quality across multiple projects and seeking opportunities to maximise value to customer
- Providing innovative solutions to customers’ problems
- Maintaining level of general knowledge whilst also developing areas of specific expertise
- Provision of focussed responses to customers’ technical requirements within agreed time frames
- Ability to manage and motivate people and be accountable for the yourself and the project team
- Provide high quality reports, presentations or demonstrations for customers as required
- Ability to represent QinetiQ to the customer.
- Excellent team working skills
This role will be mainly be based in Haslar Marine Technology Park, Gosport but the post holder would be expected to travel within the UK and on occasion overseas to participate in customer meetings and trials at experimental facilities. Working from Bristol could be considered.