CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading provider of facilities management services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies.
We are recruiting a Technical Manager to work across a key national contract and take responsibility for delivering the highest standard of technical services to our client. We are looking for someone based in the South East of England but with willingness to travel nationally, key locations include Surrey and London.
Reporting to an Account Director, the Technical Manager is a key position within the senior management team to ensure successful delivery of this contract. The Technical Manager will act as an advisor to both the client and CBRE team on all technical / M&E related issues across the account. This person will ensure the successful delivery of both maintenance and installation services for all critical systems on site, mentoring and leading a team of M&E Engineers to deliver these services to the highest standards.
- To act as a technical advisor to the client and CBRE account team across a national contract.
- Ensure all technical activities such as maintenance and projects are delivered in a timely and efficient manner, delivering the highest standard of customer service.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical M&E systems such as electrical, HVAC and BMS services.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace with responsibility for all EHS compliance for both CBRE and supply partners.
- Act as a mentor to the engineering team, ensuring they have the support, training and equipment to their job as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure contingency plans are in place for emergencies, including approved business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure knowledge of Supplier contract terms, scope of work and performance specification
- Formal mechanical or electrical engineering qualifications, ideally to HND level.
- Wide knowledge of Building Services systems, including HVAC, electrical, BMS etc.
- Previous experience working in a management position to deliver maintenance services.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of monitoring and improving energy efficiency.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and statutory compliance.