Due to continued expansion VWS Ltd are seeking to add more engineers to our installation/service
team. You will be expected to have a proven track record in CCTV, Access Control, Door Entry
Systems, Intruder Alarms, Fire, Networking and Automatic Doors would also be preferable. You
must have an excellent attention to detail and will be familiar with the NCP 104, NCP 109,
BS4737/PD662, BS 5839, BS 7036 and BS 7671 Standards.
Only CV's from engineers with previous experience on the disciplines above will be accepted.
All Applicants must have a full driving license, should be willing to travel and work
overtime/nightshift when required.
It is essential that the chosen candidate will hold a valid CSCS/ECS card. It would also be desirable if
the candidate held a PASMA and IPAF card although this is not critical.
All Applicants must be:
- Capable of working to a high standard and to agreed time frames.
- Competent with electrical wiring and should have an understanding of electronic
- Willing to work at heights.
- Good with working with their hands, tools and power tools.
- Capable of installing containment (plastic and galvanised) to a high standard.
- Able to adapt engineering solutions to installation issues/complex service calls.
- Familiar with Health and safety legislation and should preferably hold at least an IOSH
certification. The candidate should be able to carry out Risk assessments and method
statements for smaller scale jobs.
- A good communicator to both customers, other members of staff and VWS
- Computer Literate and have a good grasp of PC components.
- Familiar with computer networks and preferably wireless networks.
- Capable of accurately documenting job progress via a Personal Data Assistant (PDA)
provided by VWS.
- A good organiser and planner and should be capable of working on their own or as part
of a team.
- Presentable, fit and tidy.
It is essential that the applicant is proficient with both analogue and IP CCTV systems. We currently
maintain HD IP CCTV systems to a camera count to over 200, the candidate will be capable of fault
finding and repairing defects to a system of this scale.
It would be preferable if the applicant had experience in working with GDX concierge systems and
stand-alone systems. We currently maintain a wide spectrum of door entry systems and access
control systems so experience with Bell, BPT, Elvox, Raytel and Entrotec would also be preferable.
We are currently diversifying the business and are expanding our Fire portfolio. We would like the
applicant to be part of this expansion and it would therefore be advantageous if they were familiar
with both addressable and conventional Fire systems.
Basic working hours are from 8am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone/PDA, uniform/PPE, specialist tools,
private health care and option to join private pension scheme.
30 Days holiday per year. Salary will be subject to experience.