Are you looking for an End User Computing Support Engineer role?
A rare and exciting role has become available for an experienced and highly skilled End User Computing Support Engineer to join Amey’s Defence Services division on a permanent basis.
This role is based primarily in Buckshaw, Lancashire but expect regular travel across the UK mainly to Liverpool as well as occasionally to our Data Centres and sites across the country
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in supporting a large highly secure/defence enterprise infrastructure
- Critical skills required
o Windows 7/Windows 10
o Thin Client (Wyse Device Manager)
o PowerShell Scripting
o SCCM – App packaging&Deployment/patching both Windows OS and 3rd party apps/OS Image creation, maintenance and deployment
o SOTI Mobi Control or experience with a leading MDM solution
o Active Directory Administration
o Experience with a leading AntiVirus product set (ideally MS System Centre Endpoint Protection Manager)
o System Centre Operations Manager
o SharePoint 2010
o Exchange 2013
o Citrix XenApp 7+
o Office 365
- Experience managing a large client estate (Circa 1700 devices – Laptops/Thin Clients and some Desktops)
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and information security principles and how they are applied to a secure environment.
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets.
- Has proven ability to take responsibility for the systems they support
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Able to show leadership and provide mentorship and instruction to peers and junior colleagues
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Has the ability to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks
Candidate Focus & Challenge
As the role holder you will be expected to be a confident self-starter, collaborative but authoritative decision maker as well as a critical thinker and capable communicator. You will need to learn fast and work independently whilst having a consultative and innovative approach.
You will also:
At all times, follow operating procedures and SyOps policies from both company and MOD security officers
Assist in the planning, implementation and optimisation of the server infrastructure
Develop and maintain automated monitoring and recovery of server services.
Ensure all services are correctly and regularly patched
Ensure the infrastructure never deviates from the accredited design
Liaise and work closely with the Amey group IT team to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
Ensure adherence to industry security governance frameworks/laws (eg ISO27001/GDPR)
Occasionally work non-core business hours
Demonstrate Amey Values
Salary and benefits
A competitive salary is on offer (band C), plus contributory pension, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, and access to a range of Amey savings