Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
TI’s FAST (Field Applications & (Technical) Sales Trainee) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI’s business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications Engineer and (2) Technical Sales Engineer.
Field Applications Engineer track
This 12-month experience aims to establish rising Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) as technical TI experts with customer engineers and internal teams. The track includes two 6-month rotations*:
Rotation 1, Field Sales Office (FSO):
The FSO rotation is centered on learning how to work directly with customers to solve technical challenges, and to ultimately maximize TI’s revenue by providing customers with the systems-level solutions that best address their design needs. Among other aspects, the FSO rotation focuses on analyzing technical trade-offs, understanding component selection, and solving design and cost challenges.
Rotation 2, Systems Engineering & Marketing (SEM):
The SEM rotation provides hands-on experiences that help future FAEs understand how various TI components fit together to provide systems-level solutions for customer designs. This rotation focuses on technical product selection, schematic/layout capture, PCB layouts, fabrication processes, board bring up and validation.
- Rotations take place at designated locations at regional TI offices in EMEA and/or U.S.
Upon successful completion of the Field Applications Engineer track, rotators are welcomed as FAEs on TI’s Worldwide Sales & Applications team. FAE responsibilities include:
- Using various sales tools and relationships with design engineering to identify all potential projects
- Providing customers with proactive proposals for complete, system-level solutions that maximize TI content
- Using broad technical expertise to influence customers’ part selection process while favorably positioning TI versus competition
- Minimum education (ie bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering)
- Up to 1 years of relevant experience after graduation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Solid understanding of schematics, layouts and digital components
- Knowledge and understanding of analog circuitry (examples include: op-amps, DC/DC power, data converters, sensing, etc.)
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Working well in a team environment is imperative in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication skills
To be considered for this position, please apply.
Primary Location GB-GB-Sharston, Manchester
Work Locations Shartson, Manchester > United Kingdom, Manchester The Royals 353 Altrincham Road Sharston, Manchester M22 4BJ
Job Posting Sep 13, 2019, 7:06:45 AM