As an Assistant ServiceNow Developer you will be responsible for the technical development and support of the ServiceNow platform across Mitchells & Butlers estate to drive automation, efficiency, and self-service.
A newly built team, the first of its kind, you’ll be working in our Birmingham city centre head office and be part of a wider Service & Systems Support Team, reporting into the Lead ServiceNow Developer.
Join us at Mitchells & Butlers, the heart of hospitality. With over 1,600 sites we’re the home of some of the nation's favourite restaurants, bustling bars, cosy country pubs and the local you didn’t know we owned. Think of a brand for any occasion, we’re all about providing moments to remember. If you’re passionate about hospitality, we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for me…
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands, so whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery we’ve got you covered.
- Annual Bonus Scheme – We’re all about rewarding the hard work everybody puts in.
- City centre office, with smart casual dress code table tennis and table football
- Private medical plan- to help keep you safe and secure
- You will be part of something much bigger. At Mitchells & Butlers, we are a 44,000 strong team with over 13 brands, the opportunities are endless.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension, 26 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There's also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
What will I be doing…?
- Developing, administering, maintaining, and supporting activities for ServiceNow
- Supporting the management of the development backlog and all new requirements capture
- Contributing to the design, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring of ServiceNow
- Contributing to the development pipeline and release cycle for all developments and upgrades leading multiple streams of technical design and delivery
- Collaborating with the Product Owners, Support and Design Teams to maintain roadmaps and keep our software and applications updated, optimised and fit for purpose
- Supporting the Lead ServiceNow Developer/Product Owner to deliver the development pipeline within the agreed timescales and service levels
What do I need…?
Just like our brands, our teams are diverse. You’ll need...
- 2 years + of ServiceNow development, coding, and administration experience (IT Workflows and Portal)
- Previous experience working with DevOps toolsets such as Jira, VSTS and Aha
- Agile Development / DevOps experience
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator working towards Developer
Working at the home of hospitality (our head office), you may not be serving our guests, but your support will put smiles on our guests and teams faces. This is the place where we get creative, train our teams and crunch our numbers. We’re all about having fun and creating moments to remember across the nation, our head office is no different.