Junior Quality Engineer
Responsible for verifying product conformity using measuring equipment and visual inspection techniques to ensure all requirements are achieved. This involves reading and interpreting technical drawings, measuring product, compiling inspection check sheets and completing accurate records.
The post is a 70/30 split between production floor and office.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work under the direction of the Quality Engineer, completing assigned tasks according to priority, to ensure the company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) is maintained to a high standard.
· Read production drawings and specifications and compare them with finished product.
· Carry out mechanical and visual inspection activities including in-process production, eye overview, incoming material and final inspection checks.
· Report any defects found to the Production team and Quality Engineer without delay.
· Maintain quality records and take ownership of the internal quality NC register.
· Review and record each instance of a non-conformity, implement a correction and follow it through.
· Review current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and develop any further procedures required.
· Undertake internal audits according to the IMS audit schedule and in preparation for external audits.
· Prepare and deliver training sessions: Induction, Tool Box Talks & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
· Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with relevant supervisors and operatives.
· Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports to the Quality Engineer and Senior Management.
· Attend and participate in quality meetings and participate in improvement projects.
· Undertake general administrative tasks such as formatting of documents, collection & filing of check sheets, etc.
· Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Quality Engineer and Senior Managers.
1 years’ experience as a Junior Quality Engineer (may accept 6+months dependant on past experience).
Experience working in an engineering manufacturing environment. Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team with good communication skills. A working knowledge of ISO 9001, handling non-conformances/ defects from initial response to immediate correction. Proven experience of inspection and knowledge of welded assemblies.
- Excellent Salary
- Career Progression
- Optional overtime at enhanced rates
- Strong holidays and benefits package
What you need to do now
This truly is a great role, if you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call 07873962097
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£28,000.00 per year