Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a leader in diagnosis and monitoring for infectious disease and oncology. As a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level, our Molecular business has over 1000 employees dedicated to manufacturing and marketing more than 450 products worldwide in more than 130 countries. We are committed to advancing molecular testing solutions that guide life’s most profound decisions. We are committed to exploring new clinical frontiers through the development and delivery of instrument and assay solutions designed to provide earlier disease diagnosis, selection of appropriate therapies and monitoring of disease recurrence.
We now have an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team supporting in the South East region.
Primary Objective of Position:
Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Abbott Molecular instruments and systems. Monitors instruments under responsibility and communicates issues regularly to the Abbott Molecular Service Management and the Commercial team.
- Installation and implementation of new Molecular systems in current and new customers sites.
- Performing preventative maintenance interventions (PMIs), Hardware and Software upgrades and repair interventions on molecular instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot Application and Instrumentation by telephone and on site, complaint logging and tracking in Call Management Systems.
- Providing on-site customer support for software and hardware upgrade training.
- Actively participating in Abbott Molecular conference calls, service summits, expert meetings and workshops.
- Providing primary service and support to the defined territory.
- Providing back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed.
- Maintaining and managing own Spare Parts Field Service inventory kits according to defined procedures.
- Actively cooperating, collaborating and communicating with Application Support Specialists and the Commercial team to support business growth.
- Co-operating within the field service team on continuous product and process improvements to provide a legendary service experience to our customers.
- Reports Monthly Highlights to Service Management.
- Represents Abbott in a professional manner at all times to develop and preserve a positive customer relationship and achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Previous experience in Field Service and Customer Service is highly desirable.
- Good computer and IT skills is desirable.
- Fluency in English, including the ability to write reports, technical documentation and problem descriptions in English language. Able to complete technical service trainings delivered in English language.
- Additional language skills would be of benefit.
- Team oriented with highly developed communication skills.