Senior Java Developer
As a Barclays Senior Java Developer, within our Client Money and Assets IT Team, you’ll be providing an application build service to operational businesses areas. Your team will manage a number of applications across the firm to provide consolidated end point solutions for the Operations Department to manage the business and responsibilities in relation to Client Money and Assets protection for our clients. We are a growing team, so you’ll have a great opportunity to grow your career with us.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Designing and building Tech solutions for CMA IT deliveries
- Hands-on development, plus some overall development planning responsibilities i.e. effort estimation by providing development timelines to PM/ Leads
- Decision making capability with respect to development scope, timelines, quality and risk and communicating all decisions to the PM/ Leads and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Identifying development scope from project documentation, liaising with business and PM in order to understand the scope of development
- Work closely with Business Analysts to ensure appropriate coverage and discover any loop holes
- Ensure functionality is developed against requirements, validate that the solution is fit for purpose and supports the full end-to-end client business processes
- Working closely with Run the Bank (RTB) and Operational teams - resolve business queries and provide assistance and full support during Level 3 escalations
- Coordinating Production Release migrations – Release planning, support RTB during the migrations, perform post implementation technology checks
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good experience in Java and related technologies; Multithreading, Memory management and handling high volumes of data processing
- Excellent Enterprise Java, Frameworks, Web Services, SQL and Interface Technology knowledge
- SQL, PL/ SQL experience is mandatory, Database experience is required, knowledge of RDBMS SQL Server is preferred
- Good experience in AWS or any other Cloud technology
- Good experience of regulatory projects (particularly in the areas of Operations)
- Knowledge of Investment Banking processes and Operations
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.