Job Title: Junior Deskside Engineer*
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 DOE
Reporting to the Deskside Manager, the learning journey will equip the Apprentice to provide a technical response/ fix to incidents and service requests reported by Daisy customers, performing diagnostics to resolve or identify the best possible next escalation path.
The successful candidate will provide a passion and interest in a technical career with predominantly Windows devices & services but not limited to:
Windows Server spanning Win 2008 to 2019, Exchange, Azure, Office 365, SCCM, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Storage, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Dirctory, backup technologies, event management technologies and a varity of Cloud Technologies.
They will also be required to communicate with customers on a technical level to provide immediate resolution where possible; ensuring tickets are managed and progressed correctly within the appropriate SLAs.
This role will require an enthusiastic individual who is able to apply all company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions to their daily tasks, and proactively contribute to improving these where possible.
The Apprentice will gain proven engineering experience and a good appreciation of relevant engineering standards and procedures. It will also provide the ability to build rapport and maintain strong technical relationships with our internal and customers to help drive and improve our quality of service.
The Apprentice will be willing to apply themselves to a diverse range of work and meet and exceed customer expectations and service levels. The Apprentice must display a desire to learn and understand new technologies, achieve objectives agreed with their Leader and develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with colleagues.
- Provide support for customer technical services To Daisy’s Enterprise and Service Provider customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels.
- Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
- Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
- Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet.
- As a team member you must ensure:
- You are aware of your security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
- The principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within your daily operations.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- Be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
A desire to learn technical systems in the IT Industry with a focus on Deskside Support
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Migrating servers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or higher platform
- Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests.
You will have or achieve:
- Good time management skills to enable you to prioritise and deliver to tight time lines.
- A positive, confident and client centric approach to work, with a desire to deliver consistently high quality service
- A positive outlook with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is a must
- Problem-Solving skills
Central & North West London area
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?*
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
Location: Hybrid, London
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations