Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
Our Water Utilities team boasts an extensive portfolio working on high profile, challenging projects, providing multidisciplinary solutions to Infra / Non-Infra water and wastewater schemes. From feasibility studies and modelling, to design and site supervision, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success.
Our team delivers projects for South East Water and this role will support the delivery of the Asset Information Strategy Roadmap. The roadmap comprises of a series of projects and initiatives required to achieve the SEW Asset Information strategy, objectives and standards.
Provide support and guidance to the Senior Asset Information Analysts and to the wider Asset Information team in its role of owning and managing the company’s asset information.
- The planning and programming of a portfolio of projects to deliver the Asset Information Strategy Roadmap.
- To liaise with other external bodies to ensure the Asset Information Strategy Roadmap encompasses the forefront of new technology and approaches to Asset Information.
- Support the Asset Information code of practice, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure governance and development of the long term direction of the Planned Maintenance Strategy, while ensuring that policies and activities to achieve these objectives comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing corporate asset systems and ensuring that teams are implementing agreed processes. • Encourage intelligent and correct use of asset information systems across both the team and the wider business through proactive engagement of users.
- Working with key teams (e.g. IS, Developer services, Operations and Engineering) to develop new tools.
- Alongside a degree in a relevant field the post holder will have previous proven ability in Asset Information management preferably in the Utility Industry and have a strong understanding of corporate tools (Maximo and GIS).
- Hold or be working towards chartered status with the Institute of Asset Management or a similar institution.
- Able to understand the principles of planned maintenance and develop Maximo Planned Preventative Maintenance routines (PPMs).
- Demonstrable knowledge of data quality management and data improvement, as well as data visualisation.
- Excellent communication skills and should have proven ability in presenting information to a senior level.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks , centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values. To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.