AV Design & Commissioning Engineer
Technical Team Manager
£35-45k depending on experience plus car allowance (£400 per month)
Public-i have been pioneering live streaming for the Public sector since 2000. We provide the hardware and software
needed to give our clients the best meeting experience. From streaming solutions to microphone replacements and
full AV installs we can help. Most of our solutions are provided within Council Chambers, meeting rooms and large
Much of our work involves the design of suitable AV systems that involve complex features and functions, but which
must be easy to use and maintain. Our Audio-Visual designs incorporate many products from a wide range of
manufacturers and specifically often include our Connect streaming product and software.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic professional who has a broad range of skill sets in the implementation and
design of AV systems. You should have a willingness to learn, think holistically and be comfortable working on your
Your role will be to provide support to our sales team which includes front line on the road sales people, internal small
sales and where relevant, bid support writer. This role will cover the southern half of the country supporting the
technicians and sales staff in those locations.
Good time management and organisations are essential as you will be expected to manage your tasks and activities
between the office (Hove) and client appointments including technical site surveys.
Main Duties and Tasks
This role encompasses a variety of tasks but primarily has responsibility for producing the designs, documentation and
training for client AV installs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
o Undertake full site surveys at potential new client sites to include an inventory of existing equipment
o Assess the customer requirements within the constraints of the site
o Work closely with the sales team to:
Agree a solution that meets the customers’ expectations
Ensure tender responses are technically correct and fit for purpose
- Be able to perform a full health check on existing equipment as part of the sale process for Service &
- Preparing documentation for customer handover including drawings, AV rack design and mounting
- Training customers on system use and customer service on trouble shooting
+44 (0) email@example.com
- Commissioning installations
- Delivering AV training and documentation to clients post install
- Second level customer service support
- Build costing sheets in line with the design and the supplier quotes
- Write technical proposals for tendering or general priced proposals
- Provide reports following site surveys
- Attend site meetings to support sales either in a technical capacity or for product demonstrations. On
occasions you may be required to do so alone
- Support internal small sales with product or technical guidance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Audio visual experience is paramount and ideal candidate will have had installation experience
- AV system design: (As a minimum we expect you to be able to design an AV system)
- Outline AV design for budgetary purposes
- Full design for costing and technical proposal documentation
- Installation drawings including rack build design
- Wiring schematics and numbering schemes
- Communicate with manufacturers/suppliers to help support the AV design process
- Build costing sheets in line with the design and supplier quotes
- Liaise with sub-contractors for quotes and survey support
- Be able to produce technical writing for proposals and tenders
- Good knowledge of digital transmission including AVoIP and HDbaseT
- Familiarity with conducting and writing site surveys
- A good understanding of audio conferencing systems
- An excellent understanding of audio and video protocols
- A thorough understanding of analogue and digital based systems
- AV system design
- Be up to date with product announcements and emerging technologies
The ideal candidate will be familiar with professional conferencing system (sometimes referred to as Congress or
Delegate unit systems). These often incorporate electronic voting and microphone management. They integrate with
webcasting but a deep knowledge of streaming isn’t essential.
You should also be fluent with AVoIP using HDbaseT and up to date with manufacturers such as CYP, Crestron,
Extron and Kramer.
In addition you should:
- Be capable of preparing an AV system rack design.
- Designing Crestron systems is a real advantage.
Other often related requirements include, Digital Signage, occasionally Video Conferencing and Room Booking
+44 (0) firstname.lastname@example.org
A general understanding of Visual displays is assumed but you will be expected to be able to calculate Projection
systems in order to specify the most suitable size, ratio and contrast of the projector and screen.
Likewise, you are expected to design Audio systems but not be expected to provide acoustic design calculations.
General principles are adequate.
You will report to the Technical Team Manager.
- Professional communication skills externally and internally and the ability to present to clients is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to think quickly and outside of the ‘standard’ solutions where appropriate
- Time management and good organisational skills along with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads in a
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Previous knowledge of using a CRM system would be an advantage
- Full, clean driving licence
+44 (0) email@example.com