The Opportunity | Senior Project Engineer
The Curtiss-Wright's Sensors and Controls business unit are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join us at our site in Christchurch, UK. Here, we design and manufacture flight critical parts for Commercial and Military aircraft and this is your chance to join us as we grow.
In this role you will be dealing with all aspects of the project lifecycle from conception to completion, working with sensors and solenoid equipment for commercial and military Aerospace applications. Whilst leading the project you will be the main point of contact and liaison between the customer and the business, generating and delivering PDR/CDR design packages. The ideal candidate for this role will be competent in one or more of the following disciplines: magnetic analysis, electronics, structural analysis, EMC, thermal analysis, Labview.
Relocation support available.
- Preparation of design proposals, including technical presentations, proposal drawings, schedule, verification and validation activities and costs.
- Lead engineering projects throughout the NPI process to required production readiness levels.
- Prepare and support electro-mechanical product performance analysis
- Generate and check/approve manufacturing drawings, requiring high proficiency with BS8888, GDT, tolerance analysis and best drawing practices.
- Generation and approval of validation and verification documents including compliance matrix, qualification test procedures/reports, DDP's.
- Support operations with any manufacturing /quality issues making/using technical judgements to approve disposition of non-conformances, engineering change requests.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) educated within a relevant Engineering subject
- Good amount of prior experience in senior project role in the Aerospace industry is a must
- Must be familiar with BS8888
- CEng or IEng registered
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled