Simcyp is part of Certara, a global company delivering sophisticated scientific software solutions and consultancy to major pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations. Our flagship product – the Simcyp Simulator – is a continuously evolving platform that has led the market in model-based drug development for almost twenty years. Certara is looking for highly talented software developers to help shape the next phase of our growth and share in our ongoing success. Our unique and exciting culture values both the academic approach and the fast-paced, tech company environment, allowing us to deliver unrivalled excellence and innovation in both science and software development.
The Sheffield based Simcyp Division employs over 140 people including over 100 scientists and software developers working in the world of virtual population generation and medicines development. As a member of our core software development team you will be involved in the design, coding and testing of modules on a cutting edge medical software platform in the fast growing Life Sciences arena therefore you will need the ability to produce work of a consistently high quality within set timescales. New developments are moving the applications produced into the Cloud and AI arenas allowing developers to grow in these areas. The role requires close liaison with scientists and other staff on an ongoing basis so good interpersonal skills are essential. The company offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package, training opportunities and the chance to work in one of the fastest moving industries utilising pioneering science.
Currently we have openings for C# and/or C++ developers to support the development of our platforms both for use within client organisations and in the AWS Cloud.
The candidate must also be eligible to work in the UK without the requirement of visa sponsorship.
- Ideally educated to graduate level, the successful applicant will have 2 or more years’ experience in C# and/or C++ and a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle from design specification through to testing and evaluation.
- A drive for problem solving and an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to achieve under tight deadlines and thrive in a pressured environment.
- Evidence to support dynamic and self-motivated work.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team on large projects.
- Indications of good communication skills for internal and external contacts.
Knowledge of WPF, XAML and MVVM architecture highly desirable.
Background in Bioinformatics or a relevant scientific domain.
Knowledge of modelling packages such as Matlab and R.
Development of desktop applications using WPF/C#/C++.
Lifecycle product development including design, validation, testing and full customer support.