Areas of Interest
Brighton - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team located in Brighton.
The successful candidate will ensure all environmental conditions are always maintained regarding critical building systems. Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. They must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, Crac units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made, these reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to always maintain plant in serviceable order
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works; To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to always ensure safe working practices
- Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors, and client
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment and to always include the wearing of uniform and PPE
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE Managed Services is always presented
- Ensure up to date shift logs are always kept
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE Managed services are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Supervise and monitor of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
- Arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
- Undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate
- Ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured
- Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures
- Identify areas of improvement be they process or physical activities
- Any other task as directed by the account management team
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
- Ability to work requiring significant walking or through other means of mobility; Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time; Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift/move up to 40 lbs
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English
- Basic Mathematics skills
- Formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance; BMS Knowledge; Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
- Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria
- Good all-round knowledge of general building works, diagnostic and repair procedures
- Working knowledge of building services systems and maintenance schedules
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure with ability to make sound decisions when needed
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg
- Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment with ability to work at heights
- A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services representatives at all levels
- Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
- Undertake a reasonable amount of out of hours works as and when required; Be available for out of hours call out as part of a rota system
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.
Find out more