Manufacturing & Operations
Job Posting Date:
Oct 16, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Senior Engineer is a member of the Leicester based Project Engineering team, which undertakes the design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) projects.
The Senior Engineer supports one of more Lead Engineers in the delivery of project related Engineering deliverables. They are responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of work packages each of which comprises of individual tasks.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Relations – support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations.
- Project Execution – take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated work packages and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
- Project Management – provide the Lead Engineer with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated work.
- Communications – ensure that team members, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information - details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work.
- Procurement – provide the Lead Engineer with all the necessary information and support to enable them to support the Senior Lead Engineer in the development of the procurement list.
- Scope control – fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Lead Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope.
- Quality control – ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Suppliers – provide the Lead Engineer with all the necessary information and support to enable them to support the Senior Lead Engineer in the management of other parties providing products and services.
- Internal knowledge transfer – actively share knowledge and experience with the UKI Engineering team and the wider organization.
- Small Projects – where the business determines the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Lead Engineer and Senior Engineer then the roles will be combined and the Senior Engineer will undertake both roles.
- Other Duties – Perform other additional specific duties, when requested by the business. These will, typically, be strategic in nature but could potentially be anything that the post holder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake. As these duties are unspecified they:
- are not mandatory;
- will be subject to acceptance by the post holder;
- will be specified in a formal assignment letter.
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The post holder must have as a minimum of a Degree in Electronics, Control, Chemical Engineering or have a HNC/ HND with +8 years of relevant experience, with previous experience in process control or automation industry. He/she should have advanced knowledge of Distributed Control / SCADA Systems or PLCs, with excellent interpersonal and customer skills.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.