Colour Systems Developer
To ensure that Coats continues to gain competitive advantage from the development and global implementation of leading edge colour systems that meet current and future business needs. To lead the development of the next generation colour systems software.
Coats proprietary colour systems are critical to the manufacturing processes in our dyehouses and laboratories across the globe, providing capabilities that include prediction of dyeing recipes, assessment of recipe quality and automatic adjustment, root causes failure determination and interfacing with other dyehouse systems.
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Design and implementation of software architecture and infrastructures, including investigation and embedding of new technologies and platforms, in order to provide optimum stability, scalability, extensibility, ease of support, ease of use and performance of colour systems.
- Design, develop and implement new colour systems functionality in line with requirements and to agreed time-lines and maintain technical alignment between development activities to ensure coherent solutions are built.
- Produce technical specifications and solution designs, ensuring these are effectively communicated to the development teams.
- Coach and mentor software developers to ensure consistent and high level results in systems development, including conducting design and code reviews and promoting knowledge sharing throughout the team.
- Participate in optimisation of internal Colour Systems Team processes to maximise development productivity and efficiency.
- Proactively contribute to enhancement of system requirements.
- Efficient management of assigned colour systems support requests ensuring internal customer expectations are appropriately managed.
- Prepare clear and concise end user documentation, technical bulletins and standard operating procedures to support local user training and standardised system usage. Ensure appropriate levels of knowledge transfer through preparation and delivery of regional colour systems training workshops.
- Ensure that all Coats colour systems are effectively interfaced to third party dyehouse and ERP systems.
- Ensure Coats colour systems deliver dyehouse productivity improvements and enhanced customer satisfaction through improved colour quality and customer service.
Experience as a software architect / senior developer.
Experience of working in Agile software development teams and working with the full software development lifecycle.
Experience in coaching and mentoring of a development team.
Ability to code as a hands on member of the development team.
Highly skilled in software development of cloud native applications using Microservices Architectures in any major cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS).
Strong experience of Java (at least JDK 8) ecosystem.
Test driven development mentality (TDD, ATDD, BDD).
Strong CI/CD experience, comfortable with container based CI/CD solutions.
Strong database experience, whether relational SQL, or NoSQL.
Experience of RESTful API design and implementation.
Experience of C# Software development using MS Visual Studio and SQL Server (for legacy system).
IT, Science or Engineering honours degree or equivalent experience.
Experience working in a results driven environment.
Very strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation, and with external partner companies.
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Interpersonal and cultural sensitivity.
A broad understanding of emerging solutions in software service architectures (APIs and micro-services), hosting (could-based such as PaaS and Serverless), machine learning and AI, and automation.
Good knowledge of security, enabling control frameworks within immutable infrastructure.
Infrastructure-as-code experience (e.g. Terraform, Ansible).
Good knowledge of testing automation and quality assessment tooling.
Strong experience in production observation capabilities e.g. Logging, Metrics, APM (telemetry), distributed tracing.
Lived DevOps as a team, end to end lifecycle, understands the small team high trust culture.