We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Database Development Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Database Developer, you will provide Oracle database expertise to support the CRM application/service components.
– Be gathering data requirements and formulation into database deliverables
– Deliver high quality database design/development components to support new functionality
– Participate in the implementation and improvement of database team procedures and standards
– Support and contribute to database build/release lifecycle processes
– Offer SQL review/tuning expertise to non-database development teams
– Experience of CRM & Billing applications, and within a telecoms environment would be advantageous
– Experience of working in an enterprise wide SOA architecture would be preferred
– IT experience in an enterprise scale environment
– A strong working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and the Oracle RDBMS
– Worked with multiple technologies – databases, middleware, COTS packages and Java
– Experience of using ER/Studio data modelling tool or similar data modelling tool
– Good analytical and strong communication skills
– Oracle RDBMS Performance Tuning techniques
– Knowledge of Version Management software
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about