The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s HMRC market unit. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of HMRC’s business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on avoidance and evasion, improve and transform tax systems. You’ll work primarily with product owner, scrum master, solutions architects, software architects and fellow software engineers, though there will be client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
The focus of your role
The design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the HMRC MU
What you’ll do
- Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
- You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and live support.
- You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
What you’ll bring
- Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and complex ‘big data’ and data analytics solutions.
- Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
- Personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills
- Technical expertise in several of our key technologies: Cloudera-Hadoop ecosystem; HiveQL, HTML, SSL, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Splunk, Spark, Flume, Kafka, Pentaho DI, Pentaho BA
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to the Returner's programme
Applicants must be BPSS cleared or willing to undergo BPSS clearance