TR Fastenings Ltd specialise in distributing and manufacturing standard and specialist industrial fasteners.
Through our global operations, TR employs over 1,300 highly skilled and experienced people. Every
colleague around the world is a valued member of the TR family who on a daily basis work together to
deliver a high-quality service for all our customers.
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis, based at Bellbrook Park, Uckfield.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your role will be to Support the Manufacturing Division with all plant
and machinery based at Hank in Uckfield. The role will ensure all plant and equipment is maintained in
optimum condition to enable the efficient manufacture of high-quality product.
The role includes the preventative and reactive maintenance of various types of production machinery and
back up machinery along with premises and electrical maintenance.
Key Tasks include:
- To ensure that preventative and reactive maintenance is carried out on all machines efficiently, on
time and records of this are up to date.
- To ensure machine and building repair expenditure is within budgeted estimates, paying particular
attention to the manufacturing division needs.
- Ensure the plant rebuild schedule is up to date and assist with the rebuilding of machines. Assist
with identification of assets requiring rebuilding.
- Ensure essential spares are maintained on site in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain and operate the highest level of safety and good housekeeping in line with safety
procedures and governmental codes of practice.
- Strive to improve all levels of maintenance to ensure maximum production is achieved, advising the
production manager of reported problems with plant or buildings.
- Promote innovation. Think about how to make improvements to machines, plant or methods and
work with your team to implement agreed actions.
- Undertake any other reasonable task requested by the production manager or Maintenance
Manager that is not detailed in this job description.
Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week Monday to Thursday 06:00 to 16:30.
A background within engineering and a knowledge of production maintenance preferred but full training will
be given to the right candidate. You will be self motivated, have a proactive outlook. You will be methodical
in your approach and meticulous in your attention to detail. You will have excellent problem-solving skills
and good technical knowledge. You will constantly strive to learn. You will possess excellent communication
skills both verbal and written, be a good team player.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Katia Sparks Group HR Officer, on 01825 747324 ext. 4324 or
email your CV to Careers@trifast.com