Dunbar Boardman has over thirty-five years’ experience in developing and delivering lift, escalator and access solutions across all sectors of the built environment. Our dedicated team of engineers are experts in dealing with the challenges of vertical transportation and façade access equipment irrespective of size, scope or complexity of the project. We work directly with clients, architects and asset managers and apply our knowledge of the latest innovations and advances in the lift industry to help make cutting edge architecture possible.
We are currently looking for a Junior Consulting Engineer, a role which will incorporate design, project management and maintenance account management services to major clients and projects. Based in the Newcastle office but may from time to time be asked to work from other office locations within the region.
Responsibilities and authority:
- Maintenance Audits
- H&S Audits
- Site surveys, evaluation and assessment of existing lift and escalator installations.
- Assist consultant in producing client reports with recommendations and solutions.
- Assist consultant in produce technical and performance specifications.
- Analysis of contractor proposals and production of tender reports.
- Assist consultant in project management of refurbishment and new installations.
- Quality auditing of existing installations for maintenance reporting
- Client account management – liaising with contractors to ensure delivery of their contracted services.
- Proof-reading technical reports
Education and Experience
- Previous Experience in Lift Industry operational roles.
- NQV3 lift engineering
Specific skills, knowledge, competencies and training
- Previous Vertical Transportation experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Health and safety qualification EOR202 safe working on lifts a minimum
- Demonstrable ability to produce client reports
- BTEC HNC Mechanical or Electrical or higher qualifaction