As a Barclays Senior Full Stack Developer, you’ll show your skills at a senior level for the Enterprise Data Tools & Insights Team. You’ll provide technical leadership, support and mentoring to junior members of the team. Working with leadership (offshore and onshore) to deliver and lead deliveries in meeting specifications and timelines. Our challenge is to better manage and integrate our data so it can be efficiently delivered to all our stakeholders, for better insight and decision making.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- You will work alongside UX/UI Designer and DevOps/Cloud engineers and Business Analysts to deliver innovative, high quality, solutions
- Designing, building and maintaining the metadata and issue management applications used across the group
- Delivering a number of programmes of work in a timely and quality manner
- Presenting ideas and designs to colleagues and adapt the work based on the reviews and direct feedback given
- Planning and executing activities to implement user requirements
- Ensuring delivery of individual and wider team is to the required standard, including co-ordinating active code reviews
- Developing innovative solutions that will enhance the client experience and provide a cost effective solution
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or computer science discipline.
- Middleware DB and Backend experience to include GraphQL/Apollo, NodeJS and able to exhibit deep technical leadership throughout the project life cycle
- Extensive experience with application client and server development in the web and/or mobile domain
- Experience in complex systems integration projects/programmes
- Takes ownership of tasks and is able to monitor/report progress and deliver to completion
- Experience of operating in an Agile delivery environment
- Good logical reasoning, problem solving and performance tuning Skills
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.