Definitive Map Officer
£22,462 pa progressing to £29,636 pa dependent on skills and experience
37 per week
- Knowledge of rights of way and countryside issues
- Able to carry out archive research, report writing and legal processes
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence
- Driving licence or access to a vehicle is essential; fleet vehicles available
We provide a high-quality legal service to applicants and landowners, to make changes to the Definitive Map & Statement of Public Rights of Way for Hertfordshire. In an often contentious service, we protect the rights of way network for people to use. Our work includes: historical document research and interpretation, analysing witness evidence, engaging with developers and landowners for diversions, creations and extinguishments, negotiating with a wide range of stakeholders including user groups, and processing commons and town or village green applications. We also provide advice to local planning authorities and developers to ensure that opportunities for informal recreation and commuting are provided - linking towns and villages to each other and the countryside.
- Providing a professional definitive map service to applicants and public
- Processing applications to amend rights of way, commons and greens
- Producing detailed reports and drafting accurate orders
- Consulting stakeholders and negotiating with objectors
- Acting as an expert witness at public inquiries
- Working collaboratively with our Access & Communities Teams
- Site visits, inspecting paths and meetings in rural locations, with difficult terrain
- Activities requiring manual handling, for which training is given.
To find out more or discuss this stimulating, varied and worthwhile challenge, please visit; https://jobs.hertfordshire.gov.uk/home.aspx
Or call Richard Cuthbert on 01992 555292.
17th July 2020
Week commencing 3rd August 2020
Benefits of Working for HCC:
Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
Excellent Career Development
Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply:
Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Driving Roles Only:
As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment.