SolarWinds MSP is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Our award-winning product suite includes the industry’s #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardise and automate the setup and delivery of IT services to achieve true scalability. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.
This person will join a brand new team in our Dundee offices. The team will be responsible for the design and implementation of a project from scratch. The project developed inside the Platform organization will interact with many of our MSP products and services and is key for the strategy of our organization.
The Senior Developer is an individual contributor on a development team and is responsible for the design and development of one or more features with the ability to work on individual projects with guidance. The position requires a self-motivated individual with strong design and coding skills and the ability to work well with others.
The Senior Developer would help us develop this application (and others afters this one) using a modern technology stack together with the best agile practices in our industry. The Senior Developer would contribute to all stages of the project from architecture to implementation and rollout, in close collaboration with groups in UX, Devops, Architecture and Product Management amongst others.
Together with your team you will work on backend applications that are secure, scalable and reliable and contribute to all aspects of the solution from coding, unit testing, documentation.
- Micro-services architectures
- Containers (eg Docker) and container orchestration (eg Kubernetes)
- Golang programming language (or proficiency in other language such C++, C#, Java, ...)
- Cloud native (eg AWS, and Route53, S3, CloudFront, WAF, EKS, RDS, EC2, ...)
- Experience with Web services and API development (eg REST)
- Experience with Source Control tools (Git)
Nice to have
- Event-driven architectures experience (eg with Apache Kafka as event bus)
- gRPC and protocol buffers knowledge
- OAuth and OpenID (or SAML)
- Relevant professional work experience
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of the development process
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile processes