Graduate Software Development Engineer
Head of Engineering
Workbooks.com is looking to recruit talented and motivated graduate development engineers to join our
rapidly expanding business. As part of our engineering team you will be responsible for helping develop our
suite of enterprise class, cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) products.
Our products and platform are built using modern web standards, delivering an extensible client/server
environment supporting many users whilst meeting high reliability and availability requirements.
As an engineering challenge, ours is a fascinating one:
many concurrent users, with high security, availability
and reliability requirements. Our platform supports a hugely flexible and configurable multi-tenanted
environment. It is an environment that is mission-critical for many of our customers; changes have to be
made without adverse impact.
You will benefit from a structured training plan, allowing you develop full lifecycle software product
development skills, working with modern web application development languages and technologies, such as
- The design, development and testing of applications and enhancements to the Workbooks suite of
software products and services.
- To be professional and conduct yourself with integrity at all times.
- Demonstrable programming competence in a high-level programming language such as Java, Ruby,
PHP, C#, C++ or Python.
- An understanding of Full Software Lifecycle.
- A passion for developing quality software.
- Attention to detail and a high standard of work.
- A willingness to learn new skills and ‘go the extra mile’.
- Good interpersonal skills and a being a team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Web Application development using modern HTML/CSS, jQuery/AJAX, PHP or
- Use of source code control systems, such as GitHub or Subversion.