An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Highways Engineer to join an established and growing multi-disciplinary consultancy in Oxfordshire, on a permanent basis.
RELEVANT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Design of roads, junctions and drainage
- Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
- Junction capacity modelling
- Road Safety Auditing
- Utility Assessments
THE JOB ROLE:
- Willingness to gain experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy. Previous experience not essential.
- Willingness to interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn under supervision preparation of horizontal and vertical highways design
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to learn relevance of highway planning procedures, UK design principles and standards
- Ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
- Appreciation of commercial aspects of business
- Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and ideally be aiming to become Incorporated or Chartered
The role will be varied and all encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work with technical support of other members of the in-house team. You will be able to take on preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings and liaise effectively with other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and clients.
If you'd be interested in discussing this role in more detail or require more information, please get in touch with Jonny Court at Skyline Group on either 01489 611 705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org