We are pleased to announce that we have an exciting new position for a Graduate Software Engineer.
As a member of our software team, you will be immersed in a group of highly experienced, highly talented people who grow their knowledge through the sharing of ideas and collaborative working.
We will support you through a development programme to help transition you to the level of Software Engineer.
Our software engineers enjoy a varied and rich workload and are involved in the following areas:
Graduate Software Engineer Requirements:
- Supporting legacy software code and applications, providing improvements in its documentation and control.
- Prototype software development for new machines and processes using C, C++, C#, WinCC
- Creating HMI software which needs to be easy to use, feature rich and easy to understand in different languages.
- Testing of software on the ultra-precise machinery.
- Further development of our machine technology to meet the needs of Industry 4.0.
About PTG - Holroyd:
- You will enjoy learning different computer languages, control system programming and motion control.
- You would like a mainly office-based role but with occasional opportunities for hands on work with prototype development work and travel opportunities.
- You will have an aptitude and desire to understand the application for the software so that you will be an active member of the development team bringing suggestions for improvements and new products or processes.
- You will have an inquisitive mind and an interest in the interface between precision engineering and software.
- You will possess a Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar Engineering or Science discipline.
- Ideally you will have some understanding of C, C++ programming language.
Holroyd Precision Components is one of the world leaders in the design and manufacture of high precision machine tools. We are renowned for our bespoke quality products and serve a wide range of industries from aerospace, marine to power generation and high-end automotive.
Rochdale, Greater Manchester (Closely located to Metro links and Junction 21 of the M62)
Full Time, Permanent
37-hour week with a 11.45am finish on a Friday
£24,000 to £28,000 per annum
Excellent starting salary and employment benefits with a favourable work pattern finishing at 11.45 on Fridays.