Assistant Resident Engineer – Civil Engineering (Water/Wastewater)
Resident or Senior Resident Engineer
Dublin, Cork & Galway
RPS lead the way in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We work on the most stimulating and challenging projects delivering Ireland’s infrastructure and we are also advancing in the UK markets, where we are active on a number of impressive ventures.
Internationally, RPS has over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ over 370 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a number of Assistant Resident Engineers to work as key members of our water services team across our sites in the Dublin and Eastern Midlands Region.
As Assistant Resident Engineer, you will become responsible for the delivery of the construction phase of water related projects within a multidisciplinary environment.
At RPS, you will be offered a dynamic and rewarding career offering variety and an opportunity to work on interesting projects. You will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland and across the globe. We pride ourselves on delivering a first class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
- Assist in the supervision and associated contract administration of the construction works in proposed projects
- Monitor works compliance with relevant safety, statutory, environmental and waste management obligations
- Responsible for carrying out of all orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative and Client along with other such duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Client
- Monitor and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements and ensure that the Employer’s Representative and Client are fully informed of all issues arising on site
- Monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and in doing so utilise any associated Client related instructions or processes
- Review of site progress and compliance with works requirements, to include record keeping and report writing
- Production and monitoring of record drawings
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering
- At least 3 years’ post graduate relevant experience preferably on site supervising Major Capital Infrastructural Works on water related projects
- Experience administering contracts using both the Public Works & FIDIC Contracts
- Good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
- Ability to take ownership of issues and seek team participation to achieve best solution
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
- Ability to work in compromising situations and to devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications such as Excel/Word/MS Project & AutoCad
- Contribute to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines
- Enhance company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
Having completed the following health and safety training along with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (state those completed in CV):
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Managing Safety in Construction (not required for Clerk of Works or Site Technician)
- 3 Day Construction Skills Certification Scheme Signing Lighting and Guarding of Roadworks
- 1 Day H&S at Road Works
- Working At Heights – Harness Training
- Confined Space Entry
Applicants should indicate in their application the counties that they are available to work in.
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.