Customer Service Engineer
Brooks supplies best-in-class automation solutions for semiconductor manufacturing, clean energy, life science drug discovery, biobanking and related markets.
Brooks are looking for a Customer Support Engineer who will act as the frontline element of the customer relationship for Brooks Semiconductor customers, being the key to ensure product line performance at relevant customer sites.
If you have a technical education along with practical work experience in the field of automated technology, a practical and self-driven approach, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ambition to progress within a global company, this could be the role for you!
Customer Support Engineer, To develop client satisfaction with regards to introduction, implementation, maintenance and technical support of systems designed and installed by Brooks.
JOB REQUIREMENT - Customer Support Engineer
- Installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of Brooks Automation products (Semiconductor Automation) in clean room environments with our customers across the UK / EU.
- Creation of service tickets and updating of service tickets to Brooks Automation and to our Customers.
- Provide Brooks phone support on scheduled on call basis.
- Act as technical contact person for Brooks sales service teams and for customers.
- Scheduling of weekly service activity tasks.
- The customer support engineer can make independent decisions on a daily basis, which can have a significant impact on the business, with major decisions being taken in conjunction with line management
- Customer Support engineer will hold overall service responsibility for assigned product line / type and all relevant associated activities
Skills and Attitude:
- Customer support engineer, will ideally be degree qualified, or Diploma in higher education within a Technical discipline.
- Strong electromechanical skills and troubleshooting expertise.
- Ideally hold previous experience of working on Automated technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (written, oral) using business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- A natural problem solver with great attention to detail
- Maintains smart appearance
- Ability to work independently and as part of European service team.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organized; able to handle multiple tasks with a clear sense of ownership and priority
- Full Driving Licence and valid passport are essential for this role.
- The job holder will be required periodically to travel internationally including, but not limited to, within Europe and United States of America.
- Willing to undertake any other duties as and when requested by line management
Our strength lies with our staff and we are dedicated to recognising individual and team achievements and rewarding them. We place great value on the sense of learning, growth and the feeling of possibility that is prolific across our organisation.
You will be remunerated competitively depending on your experience and skills.
- Car allowance.
- Private healthcare plan
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Employee Share Purchase Scheme
- Profit sharing
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
- Normal business hours
****NO AGENCIES PLEASE ****
Service Engineer / Support engineer / Client Manager / Customer Service Engineer / technical support engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Automation or Semiconductor: 3 years (Required)